KT Comments

May 29, 2013

Humans of New York

Growing up in the city, I always thought I had assimilated some sort of culture or appreciation for people. When I left the city, I forgot about it. I tried to make peace with it and picked up where I left off, but I just couldn't. I found a lot of city people scary, dirty, mean and unhelpful. I lost my vitality and love for things. I lost my appreciation for the arts. People were simply dull and selfish.

I am cynical. I admit that freely. What I fear is that I am approaching bitter. I do not want to be bitter. (Because I'm still young, right?)

Humans of New York (humansofnewyork.com) helps remind me from time to time that people can be interesting and colorful. People are different shades of various colors. People can be almost anything if I am willing to listen and accept. And I am trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment