KT Comments

February 4, 2012

Temple Run blows Angry Birds out of the air - A Favorite App Review

Temple Run App Review

I know I may stand alone here, but I never really got into Angry Birds. It's just tossing birds at things, isn't it?

Anyway, I've been addicted to Temple Run for quite some time now. I didn't want to write about it while I was in my obsessive phase. Now that I've stopped playing so often, I thought I could throw in my two cents. There isn't much to the game: You are continuously running away from ape monsters in what I assume is a never-ending ancient temple. You can only turn, jump and slide to avoid obstacles and sometimes you get little power-ups like a boost or temporary invincibility. You can buy a few avatars like an explorer or footballer once you collect enough coins. There are also some objectives that you can complete in order to gain multipliers, which increase your score. I lost interest after passing 4 million points - but that took me longer than it should have.

Now that I'm actually sitting down to write this, I realize I've lost nearly all interest in this game. I'm really selling this app, aren't I? Oops. Temple Run would have captivated me longer than two weeks had Imangi Studios added more items to the shop or more objectives and goals. I don't know. Maybe they just need a less fickle audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment