FAQ: How do I remove the BuddyPress navigation bar (nicknamed: BuddyBar) from my Wordpress theme?
I've spent countless hours searching for a method to remove the navigation bar in addition to the white space it leaves behind. Most tutorials I encounter very crudely shows how to hide the BuddyBar from visibility, but leaves a gaping white space where the navigation bar once was. To remove everything in its entirety, follow the simple tutorial below.
Please know that this tutorial will remove the BuddyBar, AdminBar, and the whitespace that makes way for any such navigation bar. The bar will be hidden from logged in users, logged out users, as well as blog administrators. As always, back up your layout before proceeding and proceed accordingly.
1. Open the wp-config.php file.
2. Add the following line to the file and save it:
define( 'BP_DISABLE_ADMIN_BAR', true );The admin bar has now been disabled. To remove the white space, proceed with the following steps.
3. Open the file wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/css/buddybar.css
4. Look to the first or second line for the following:
body.wp-admin { padding-top: 25px !important; }5. Replace with:
body.wp-admin { padding-top: 0px !important; }6. Save and be done.

thanks, I've been searching for a solution to get rid of the white space for some time now!
ReplyDelete